The potential of 60-year-old and growing men is a hot topic. Of course, in old age, erectile function is impaired. This is facilitated by bad habits, certain diseases and medications.
But even at the age of 60-65, sex is entirely possible. What do you need for this? First, the cause of impotence must be determined and eliminated. Lifestyle and dietary changes are also recommended.
Sexual stimulants should be used to increase the effect. The choice can be stopped with PDE-5 inhibitors, ointments, dietary supplements and plant-derived adaptogens.
Why does potency worsen at age 60?
Let’s see if a 60-year-old man has good potency. In theory, members of the stronger sex are able to live a full sex life for up to 60-65 years, but in practice such cases are extremely rare.
Why is that? The fact is that exogenous testosterone levels fall in adulthood. Simply put, the body is no longer able to produce enough male androgens.
Lack of testosterone causes the patient to have reduced potency, decreased libido, and impaired reproductive function. It is impossible to prevent a decrease in testosterone levels because it is a natural process. But if certain rules are followed, it is entirely possible to compensate for the manifestations of androgen deficiency.
The following can also cause a decrease in the sexual power of older men:
- Cardiovascular diseases. According to statistics, 80% of men aged sixty to seventy suffer from chronic cardiovascular disease - atherosclerosis, high blood pressure (hypertension), coronary heart disease, heart failure. With these violations, the erection naturally worsens.
- Anatomical deformities of the penis and genital trauma.
- Diseases of the prostate gland. Over the years, many men develop prostatitis, BPH, and other diseases of the pancreas. When they appear, it is quite difficult to restore erectile function.
- Recent myocardial infarction or haemorrhagic / ischemic stroke.
- Inflammatory processes in the spinal cord.
- Inguinal or intervertebral hernia.
- Cerebrovascular disorders.
- Neurogenic disorders - Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, etc.
- Underactive / overactive thyroid gland.
In addition, in older men, the potency is often reduced due to diabetes. It is equally dangerous for the sexual power of type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
What else negatively affects potential?
It is not just certain diseases that negatively affect men’s health.
The decline in erection between the ages of 60 and 65 is often due to the intake of certain medications.
Reduce the effects of antihypertensive pills, hypoglycemic pills, anti-gout medications, sedatives, sedatives, antidepressants.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, anabolic steroids, 5-alpha reductase inhibitors, alpha-1 blockers, estrogens, etc. also have a negative effect.
Other factors that reduce potency:
- Prolonged sexual abstinence.
- Passive lifestyle.
- An unbalanced diet.
Men who lead a healthy lifestyle from a young age are significantly less likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction at the age of 60-65.
Diagnosis of sexual impotence
Improving the potency of men over the age of 60 is only possible with appropriate treatment tactics. Therefore, studies will be required.
You should initially contact a urologist-andrologist.
The doctor should listen carefully to the patient's complaints, study the medical history, and perform a physical examination of the penis and testicles.
The doctor pays special attention to the presence of diseases such as high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes mellitus, stroke, atherosclerosis, because these diseases most often cause organ impotence.
The following tests will be needed to make an accurate diagnosis:
- General and biochemical analysis of urine.
- Ultrasound of the prostate, testicles, thyroid.
- Blood sugar test.
- Biochemical blood test for HDL, LDL, total cholesterol, triglycerides.
- Doppler ultrasound examination of the vessels of the penis.
- Monitoring of an erection at night.
- Intracavernous test.
- Blood test for PSA.
Based on the results of the tests, a diagnosis is made and the appropriate therapeutic tactic is selected.
How to restore potential in old age?
How to increase the potential at home after 60 years?
Traditional medicine can be used to normalize erectile function. Their effectiveness is very individual, but they are almost completely safe.
The easiest recipe is honey with nuts. This simple blend helps restore strong bones and boost immunity. Consumption of walnut honey is good for all older men.
Walnuts contain only healthy fats, so the product will be useful even with high blood cholesterol levels.
It can also be used to increase potency:
- Medicinal potion of willow tea, marigold and aloe juice. Able to increase potency and libido, has a tonic effect.
- Alcoholic tincture of garlic. The old grandfather mode that still doesn’t lose its relevance. Infusion of garlic strengthens the riser and increases sexual desire.
- Thyme broth. Thyme is very useful for increasing potency as it improves pelvic circulation, normalizes the functioning of the nervous system, has an anti-inflammatory effect on the prostate.
- Dear sbiten. The drink can be consumed at least every day as it is completely safe. Honey, cinnamon sticks, dried mint, lemon and star anise are used to make sbitn.
- Alcohol tincture of ginger. It helps increase potency and even increases testosterone levels in the blood.
The use of folk remedies to increase the potency of older men is more a complement to conservative therapy. Don’t just rely on unconventional recipes.
Decoctions and infusions should be used after consulting a doctor.
Impotence can result from stagnation of pelvic blood and inflammation of the prostate. In such cases, prostate massage will help.
This procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis and at home.
Prostate massage helps cure prostatitis, stabilize erectile function and prevent pelvic congestion.
In addition, glandular stimulation is an excellent prevention of benign prostate enlargement.
There are two types of massage:
- Finger. It was done by a doctor. The doctor inserts his index finger into the anus and then massages the glandular organ. The duration of the procedure is 2-5 minutes.
- Instrumental. It can also be done at home. You must first purchase an invasive prostate stimulator. The head of the massager is placed in the anus, and then the vibrating parts begin to act on the prostate gland.
Prostate massage is contraindicated in proctological diseases, bowel and prostate cancer.
It is not a problem to buy drugs that increase the effectiveness of men after 60 years. But unfortunately, not all medications are effective.
Nowadays, unscrupulous manufacturers often slip puppets on their customers.
So the spray, the drops, the powder for internal use, the cream is completely ineffective.
These drugs have no effect, so it is simply pointless to buy them.
Eliminating erection problems really helps:
- Phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors.
- NO synthase activators.
- Local ointments. Effective means to increase potency in old age - nitroglycerin ointment, heparin ointment.
- Plant adaptogens. Tinctures of leuzea, ginseng, eleutherococcus can be used to preserve a man's strength. They are sold in any pharmacy. Their cost does not exceed 150 rubles.
- Biologically active additives. These take-off amplifiers are the safest and most efficient. Dietary supplements provide strong erections, increase libido, and have a tonic effect.
If a man is androgen deficient, hormone replacement therapy may be prescribed. Testosterone-based drugs are used to do this.
The use of drugs to increase the effectiveness of men after 60 years will be useless if the patient does not change their lifestyle.
First, you need to stop bad habits.
Doctors recommend smoking cessation because tar and nicotine have a devastating effect on blood vessels and, consequently, on erections.
You should also keep your alcohol consumption to a minimum. 1 glass of dry red wine from alcohol is allowed once a week.
- Sleep 6-8 hours a day.
- Avoid stress and overload.
- Move more if you can, play sports.
- Eat foods that increase your potency. Semi-finished products, fast food, fatty, salty, sweet should be excluded from the menu.
It does not hurt to take part in physiotherapy procedures either. In case of impotence, acupuncture, moxibustion, laser puncture and electrophoresis are effective.
A penis prosthesis is the last resort. It is prescribed in exceptional cases. The procedure is very expensive.
On average, phallopoprosthetics cost 3-5 thousand dollars. The final cost is affected by the type of penile prosthesis.
The surgery is performed only in private clinics.
Indications for surgery: vasculogen erectile dysfunction, cavernous fibrosis, Peyronie's disease, artificial penis, endocrine ED.
There are three types of prostheses:
- Hard. These are the cheapest and easiest to handle. These are a pair of elastic silicone rods. Mounted in the penis. The disadvantage of rigid prostheses is that the penis will always be in an erect state when inserted.
- Plastic. They consist of two rigid cylinders but have plastic memory. This means that a man can easily enter any position on the penis.
- Inflatable. These are the most expensive but provide the best cosmetic look. They consist of a tank with a liquid, an injection pump and a pair of rods. The pump and container are placed in the scrotum and vulva, and the rods are placed in the penis. When a man wants to get an erection, he pumps fluid into the rods.
A penile prosthesis requires a diagnosis because each surgical procedure has its own contraindications. The patient should consult a neurologist, cardiologist, surgeon, urologist.
After surgery, the patient should take painkillers and antibiotics. You should refrain from sexual intercourse for a period of time.
In general, a prosthesis is a very effective procedure. About 95% of transactions are successful. After the prostheses are fitted, the man can have sex until he is a mature man.